While Halloween is an exciting time for many, be aware that not everyone is happy for you to call at their home to trick or treat.
If you would prefer not to be disturbed by trick or treaters, you can download poster and display this prominently in your window.
If you plan to go trick or treating:
- Respect the wishes of those who display one of these posters
- Be considerate of those who may find large groups of people in scary costumes intimidating
- Only visit the homes of people you know well or who are clearly displaying Halloween decorations
Police officers will be conducting extra patrols around Halloween. If you feel unsafe:
- Don’t open your door if you’re unsure who is there. Use your spyhole, look out of a window, and use your door chain if you do decide to open your door.
- Have a contact number of a close relative, friend or good neighbour to hand by your telephone, just in case you need to phone them.
Remember, if a crime is in progress or if you feel your life is in danger then call 999. For non-emergencies, you can report crimes and ASB online or by calling 101.