We have a vacancy for a full time permanent Accounts Clerk to join our fantastic finance team. Your role in the team will be to support the Assistant Accountants and the Financial Controller in the smooth running of the finance department and to work closely with the team to ensure the finance function delivers what is required of it by the Club.
You will report to the Assistant Accountants. You should be a confident and capable individual who enjoys working to strict deadlines and ensuring that each task is completed with a strong attention to detail. You should relishes taking ownership of tasks including:
• Entering and balancing accounts receivable and payable;
• Monitoring credit card charges, payment discrepancies, refunds, returns and miscellaneous charges;
• Assembling financial data for Direct Debit collection;
• Assisting the Assistant Accountants on a day to day basis with the overall sales ledger, purchase ledger and credit control function;
• Dealing with Members’ queries and resolving them in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Maintaining orderly financial filing system files and managing the archive process;
• Assisting with any accounting projects in the office;
• Providing information to auditors during the year-end audit process.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, with some experience working in a similar role, preferably, within the hospitality industry (but this is not essential). A good logical approach to problem solving and the ability to work well under pressure will be advantageous in this role. You must have a good command of the English language, be computer literate, and well organised. You should have good time management skills and the ability to multi-task, as well the ability to work using your own initiative.
£18,000 – £20,000 p.a.
9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
We offer some great staff benefits including:
• Complimentary staff meals in the staff canteen
• Complimentary parking onsite
• 20 days holiday per year and all bank holidays
• Inclusion in the ‘Above and Beyond’ staff recognition scheme
• Family and friends rates for room bookings at the Club
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
• The opportunity to develop your career in one of the finest establishments in Henley
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV along with a supporting statement which explains how you meet the selection criteria including examples of your skills and experience to Human Resources. You may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks (such as time out to care for dependants). We can only consider applications that include CVs and supporting statements – application will be judged solely on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria, stated in the job description, in your supporting statement.
Applications should be send via email (including your CV and supporting statement) to HR firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Human Resources on 01491 570 500 for more information.
12:00 midday (BST) Friday, 8th February 2019