Hunt Scores a Brace as Hotspurs Draw With Windsor

AFC Henley U12 Hotspurs met Windsor Youth Merlins Concorde for the second time in 2 weeks in a closely fought game at Jubilee park on Saturday, resulting in a 2-2 draw, the Hotspurs seventh draw of the session.

The Hotspurs won the kick-off and started strongly, within minutes they had the ball in the back of the Windsor net when Tom Francis on the left wing put in a penetrating cross which found George Khairallah unmarked who cleanly volleyed the ball past the keeper – only for the goal to be disallowed as off-side. Henley continued to press with Will O’hagan on the right wing causing the visitors defence problems and combining well with strikers Jake Williams and Dexter Harris.

However against the run of play it was Windsor who took the lead with when a long clearance from their keeper found their striker in space who’s shot from close range gave the Henley keeper no chance. Windsor then followed up with a period of attacking play but were unable to breach the Henley defence of Harry Wildgoose and Lucas Hendley. Just before half time Windsor had a chance to double their lead when a well worked move saw their striker 1 on 1 with the Henley Keeper Max Cranstoun only for Max to pull off an impressive save with his feet.

Into the second half Hotspurs came out attacking, and it wasn’t long before they equalised, when Stanley Massie won the ball in midfield and made an accurate long range pass to Taro Finch on the Henley right Wing, whose through ball found Charlie Hunt in front of goal who finished with a shot that gave the visiting keeper no chance. Charlie soon had a second goal when a long clearance from Freddie Piasecki found him in the visitors half, a quick turn of pace saw him past the defence and he scored with a powerful low shot. As the game drew to a close Henley thought they had the match won when the ball end up in the back of the Windsor net again, only for the goal to be disallowed for another close off-side decision. From the subsequent free kick Windsor were able to get past the Henley defence and equalise bringing the score to 2-2. With only minutes remaining Henley frantically tried to find the winner but at the full time whistle the score remained 2-2. Men of the Match were Tom Francis and Charlie Hunt.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.