The first freeCodeCamp study group meeting in Henley-on-Thames is taking place on Thursday 5 September at Henley Conferences at Henley Business School.
freeCodeCamp is a community that helps you learn to code, then get experience by contributing to open source projects used by nonprofits. You’ll learn to code by completing coding challenges and building projects. You’ll also earn verified certifications along the way. To know more about freeCodeCamp visit https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/about/
The new group is being organised by Andres Alvarez Skinner who lives in Henley and works for Microsoft, Andres said, “I moved to Henley in 2014 and have been going to a freeCodeCamp in Reading and thought I would like to create a group in my home town. I like creating and participating in these study groups to keep learning and building relationships with people with similar interests in the areas nearby.”
The agenda for the first event will be the following:
- 6:30 – 7:00 / Introductions of all attendants
- 7:00 – 8:00 / Introduction to web development talk
- 8:00 – 8:30 / Break
- 8:30 – 9:30 / Group work on the freeCodeCamp curriculum.
Few notes in regards to the agenda:
- Please bring your own laptop & charger with you.
- Feel free to attend to just that part you are interested.
- All ages and experience levels are welcome, although the talk is for people starting in web development.
- There is a bar within the facilities where you can grab a drink or a bite to eat.
We appreciate all the support from Henley Conferences located within the Henley Business School Greenlands, they are hosting these events free of charge for us to support the local community in Henley.
There is free parking on-site. When you arrive please head to the main reception where you will be given a pass to access. You must register your attendance for this event via Eventbrite.