Update Monday 27 August
We have now been in touch with KuBu spa and Megan Hill, a senior therapist there.
The fire was all completely contained in our laundry room, and spread slightly to our staff room, but luckily none of the spa had any damage to it and the spa was re-opened on Saturday afternoon.
Megan said, “Caroline Hill, our Spa Director, managed to put the fire out before the fire brigade got here. Slightly mental, but when its your own business, you do what you have to do.”
Bell Street has now reopened.
No injuries reported
A tumble dryer has caught fire at KuBu Spa this morning in Bell Street at around 10.45am.
Four fire engines are at the scene.
Bell Street is currently closed.
We hope everyone is OK.
More details to follow