Fire at KuBu Spa Update

Update Monday 27 August

We have now been in touch with KuBu spa and Megan Hill, a senior therapist there.

The fire was all completely contained in our laundry room, and spread slightly to our staff room, but luckily none of the spa had any damage to it and the spa was re-opened on Saturday afternoon.

Megan said, “Caroline Hill, our Spa Director, managed to put the fire out before the fire brigade got here. Slightly mental, but when its your own business, you do what you have to do.”


Update 1150

Bell Street has now reopened.

No injuries reported


A tumble dryer has caught fire at KuBu Spa this morning in Bell Street at around 10.45am.

Four fire engines are at the scene.

Bell Street is currently closed.

We hope everyone is OK.

More details to follow

1 commnet
  1. wireless waffler says:

    In case you are worried about your tumble dryer it was a Miele Tumble dryer and according to this they are less likely to cause a fire.

    What appliance brands are the most dangerous?
    The investigation showed that 12% of all washing machine fires involving an identifiable brand – or 175 washing machine fires in total – involved Hoover-branded appliances, despite the fact that the consumer advocacy group’s market intelligence suggests that Hoover’s overall market share is under 12%.

    Furthermore, 410 dishwasher fires – or 38% of the total number of fires involving identifiable brands – involved Hotpoint models, which also lead Which? to believe that Hotpoint dishwashers are disproportionately affected by fire.

    Nonetheless, Hotpoint told Which? that it can’t draw any conclusions from the data presented, arguing that the market share figures may be incorrect and that it is not possible to accurately establish information from a relatively small group of incidents.

    On the other hand, Samsung appeared to be relatively safe – only six of the 1,509 washing machine fires involving identifiable brands related to the brand, while Miele represented just three of the 1,069 dishwasher fires, indicating that their customers may be at less risk of home emergencies than the average.


Leave a Comment

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.