Join our team
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our passion for continually searching for ways to improve that experience is second to none and we’re looking for people to join us who thrive on that challenge.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Responsible for research, monitoring and financial analysis of current or potential UK denominated assets as directed by the Fund Managers.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- In-depth research and analytical support for idea generation around new and/or existing products.
- Assisting with detailed record-keeping for both internal and external purposes to support the commercial credibility and viability of funds.
- Assisting with strengthening the team’s ESG integration; extracting data from Invesco’s proprietary ESG risk tool (ESGintel); providing proprietary research and analytical information to assess material risks identified on new and existing issuers in a timely fashion.
- Researching and understanding various domestic and international factors affecting the UK Equities market, including economic and other information gained from company meetings, stockbrokers, analysts and published information.
- Assisting with communicating current UK Department investment strategy to other investment management staff.
- Contributing to the investment decision making process; building a knowledge base of companies and sectors, using screening tools and by monitoring their results and all available sources of information.
- Completing ad hoc, bespoke research in a timely manner, as defined by the Fund Managers.
- Clearly communicating investment matters to colleagues, clients and other interested parties in spoken and written form.
- Supporting the Product Directors and Fund Managers in preparation for client meetings and presentations.
- Ensure all activities are in line with Invesco’s Conduct principles.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience of applying financial technical skills within a commercial/financial services environment
- Experience of using Excel and data manipulation tools
- Experience of accounting and/or financial analysis would be a distinct advantage
- A good understanding of the investment management industry
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Able to demonstrate high standards of numeracy and literacy with an excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships and professional connections
- Prioritisation and task management
- Results focused
- Independence of thought
- Accepts responsibility
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- The successful candidate must be willing to work towards attaining professional qualifications (such as ACA, IMC, CFA, S11), if not already held
- Candidates from non-investment backgrounds encouraged to apply
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion smart working.
• Working remotely from home or any other work location for 1 or 2 days per week
• Working some flexible hours – flexing your start/finish time to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.
The Good Stuff
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
• Competitive salary and bonus
• Company-provided healthcare
• 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
• Generous pension provisions
• Income protection
• Health and wellness benefits
• Volunteering days
• Enhanced parental leave
• Life insurance