As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes Invesco a great place to work and reflects the broad diversity of thought across our organisation. At Invesco, we offer work experiences that will inspire and challenge you.
You will join our well-established EMEA Legal team, specifically the Investments Legal team based in Henley.
As a Legal Counsel on our Investments Legal team, you will play an important role in providing support to senior Legal Counsels working with the Henley-based Investments Centre (Equities and Fixed Income).
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and negotiating a variety of documentation relating to both equities and fixed income
- Supporting transactions undertaken by UK and Luxembourg funds (both UCITS & AIFs)
- Assisting senior legal counsel with legal research on a variety of investment topics
- Advising the fund managers on key investments-related regulatory matters, UCITS and AIFMD analysis and helping the investment teams to stay up to date on regulatory change.
- Assisting the Investment Floor in their analysis of Conflicts of Interest, Fund manager conduct and other regulatory matters (e.g. inside information analysis, fund eligibility of restructured securities).
- Managing internal and external stakeholders where Legal is taking the lead on a project
The skills and experience you’ll bring
- Have 1 to 3 years PQE (UK qualified solicitor or foreign equivalent)
- Qualified experience working in an investments, banking, corporate, restructuring or similar role.
- Experience of working in a national or international law firm or financial services company/asset management company in a legal role.
- Have a background in a transactional area of the legal profession, focusing on at least one of corporate/equities, fixed income or restructuring
- Willingness to broaden their legal expertise into both the fixed income (including leveraged loans and CLOs) and equities industries, as well as in the regulatory sphere
Our commitment to you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion flexible working.
Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.
For more details and to apply click here