For safety reasons, Oxfordshire County Council will be shutting each of its Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC) for two days to allow for deep cleaning and essential maintenance to take place. This includes jet washing the sites and structures, repainting lines and safety areas, as well as other general work to improve the customer experience.
Henley’s nearest HWRC at Oakley Wood near Wallingford will be closed on Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 November 2021
All closures are on quieter weekdays to minimise disruption, and sites will reopen at 8am the following day. Residents are asked to plan ahead, ideally holding on to their waste until the site reopens or, if that is not possible, visiting one of the neighbouring sites.
The other closing dates are:
- Alkerton, near Banbury: Tuesday 2 and Wednesday 3 November
- Ardley, near Bicester: Thursday 4 and Friday 5 November
- Dix Pit, Stanton Harcourt: Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 November
- Drayton, near Abingdon: Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 November
- Oakley Wood, near Wallingford:
- Redbridge, Oxford: Thursday 18 and Friday 19 November
- Stanford, near Farringdon: Thursday 11 and Friday 12 November.
More information can be found on the Oxfordshire County Council website, including details of your nearest alternative site during the closures.
Residents with van or trailer permits can use these at any of the HWRCs.