Summary of Role: Promote the centre, deal with incoming bookings, ensure the centre is ready for events and is secure.
Time commitment/pay: Approximately 10 – 20 hours per week
Role Type: Self Employed
Location: The Eyot Centre, Henley-on-Thames / Home Based
Rate of pay: £17.50 per hour
This is a unique role and will require flexibility from the person who joins us. We are a centre which relies heavily on using the river for a lot of activities. This means that during the winter months there is likely to be less work due to river conditions. Therefore there may be more hours some weeks than others.
The Eyot Centre is a registered charity which seeks to provide access to social and river based leisure activities primarily to the young people of Henley and surrounding areas.
The person who joins us will need to be great at motivating themselves, as they are likely to be at the centre alone. There is a committee at the centre who will of course be supporting the role. The centre has massive potential to grow and support the local community, so we are looking for someone who will be determined to help drive us forward.
- Work in collaboration with the Eyot Management Committee to define strategy and discuss ideas and approaches on a regular basis
- Work with the bookings officer to facilitate internal and external bookings of the centre (possibly managing the bookings process entirely)
- Proactively approach local businesses and schools to promote the centre and gain bookings
- Deal with administrative tasks around bookings including risk assessments and invoices
- Manage the caretaking of property to ensure the centre is of the required standard before customers arrive, using third party suppliers where appropriate
- Point of contact for external contractors and suppliers
- Conform to GDPR, HSE and Fire Safety Regulations at all times
- Work with the Eyot Management Committee to develop internal coaches and attract new coaches
Skills and Qualities required:
Watersport enthusiast – ideally with instructor qualifications and a good network in the industry
Good communication and organisational skills.
Customer attraction and retention skills.
Tact and diplomacy.
Passionate about knowledge sharing and youth development
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and why you’d like to join us by Sunday 1 April 2022. Please do apply sooner if you are able, and feel free to email any questions you might have about the role and someone will get back to you