The newly developed Chilterns Court Care Centre next to Townlands Hospital in Henley will be holding a memory café for people affected by memory problems supporting each other. The first one will be on Thursday 2 February from 2.30-4pm and then on every first Thursday of the month thereafter.
This is a group is for informal discussions about people’s experiences with memory whether for themselves or a loved one. Sharing experiences with each other and learning more about memory issues is the focus with the aim to provide a system of support to those who need it. The group provides emotional support, expert guidance and practical advice and skills for everyday living. Our St John Admiral Nurses work with families and people living with dementia to provide support and peace of mind.
What you can expect:
- Have a chat with our St John Admiral Nurse to get advice in a group setting or one-to-one
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with someone who are experiencing memory difficulties
- Our Memory Café is supported by a care team who are dementia trained
- A warm welcome is guaranteed and the group is open to anyone who has been affected by memory problems or their loved ones
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served
- Free to attend (voluntary donations for refreshments welcome)