Local Government

Report a Highway Problem

If you have any issues to report on the state of the street you live in, you should report them by following this link: Fix My Street.

Your report will be passed on to Oxfordshire County Council who will acknowledge your communication and keep you posted as to progress being made.

Henley Town Council

Council Offices
Town Hall
Market Place

The Council offices are open on weekdays from 9 am – 5 pm (4.30 pm on Fridays).

Henley Information Centre

Located inside the Town Hall

For tourist information call 01491 578034

Opening hours

Council Services: Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
Tourist Information: Monday to Saturday – 9:00 am to 4.00 pm

Henley Town Council Responsibilities

Henley Town Council is responsible for the following services:

  • Allotments
  • Cemeteries
  • Weddings and Civil Ceremonies
  • Rooms and venues available for functions
  • Markets
  • Grants
  • Information Centre including Tourism
  • Moorings
  • Parking at Mill Meadows
  • Sports facility at Jubilee Park
  • Parks and Recreation

In addition to the above Henley Town Council provides the following:

  • Bus shelters, bins on its land, street furniture
  • Annual events such as Christmas Late Night Shopping, Remembrance Sunday service and Mayor Making Event
  • On-street parking at Upper Market Place
  • Seasonal parking permits at Mill Meadows
  • Parking permits for the residents’ parking scheme (on behalf of Oxfordshire County Council)
  • Public clock maintenance
  • Custodians of many publicly owned works of art and artefacts of local and/or historic interest
  • Marketing and publicity for the town of Henley on Thames

South Oxfordshire District Council

135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB

Customer Services 01235 422422

Emergency Helpline 01235 422410

The customer services reception is open 8.30 am – 5 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am – 4.30 pm on Fridays.

South Oxfordshire District Council Responsibilities

South Oxfordshire District Council is responsible for the following services:

  • Community advice and support
  • Council tax collection and Government benefits e.g. travel tokens
  • Dog litter bin collections
  • Economic development
  • Electoral services
  • Environmental services e.g. noise, pest control
  • Help and support for businesses
  • Housing services
  • Licensing
  • Listed building control
  • Off-street car parks at Greys Road and Kings Road and the public toilets at those car parks
  • Planning services (direct link here)
  • Recycling, food waste and residual waste collections
  • Restaurant and takeaway inspections
  • Sport and leisure
  • Street cleaning and dealing with fly-tipping
  • Tree preservation

Back to top

Oxfordshire County Council

County Hall
New Road

Oxfordshire County Council Responsibilities

OCC is responsible for the following services:

  • Bus passes for the over 60s
  • Education and schools
  • Fire Service and community safety
  • Heritage
  • Highways including potholes, tourism signs, gritting
  • Libraries, recreation, arts, museums
  • Lighting – highways and footways
  • On-street parking permits
  • Police
  • Public rights of way, including footpaths and bridleways
  • Social services (adults)
  • Strategic planning and some planning applications (mainly mineral extraction and waste disposal sites)
  • Trading standards
  • Traffic and transport including road safety
  • Waste recycling centres
  • Youth development and services

Back to top