The Trustees of the Henley Youth Festival would like to appoint a Clerk to provide general administrative support to the HYF Trustees and Steering Group. The Clerk provides a central point of contact between Trustees and Steering Group members and is first point of email contact for any enquiries about HYF. The Clerk will also assist the Trustees in ensuring that HYF complies with all legal and health and safety requirements and maintain accurate and up to date records.
Responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Attending Steering Group and Trustees meetings which take place in the evening, taking minutes and gaining approval/distributing minutes within required timeframe.
- Booking venues, preparing agendas and organising refreshments for Steering Group and Trustee meetings well in advance and ensuring all relevant people are advised.
- Ensuring risk assessments are completed in advance for all relevant HYF events.
- Ensuring HYF Safeguarding policies are reviewed by the trustees annually then updating and distributing as required.
- Obtaining and keeping a file of third party insurance documents (from workshop providers) for each year.
- Obtaining quotes for and organising insurance on behalf of and in consultation with chair of trustees.
- Co-ordinating a report for the AGM which includes paragraphs from relevant SG members and ensuring this is provided to the Trustees for filing with the accounts.
- Sending out marketing emails via Mailchimp in advance of events when required and maintaining our database of contacts.
- Maintaining a list (Excel spread sheet) of contact details for Steering Group.
- Managing the HYF email account, responding to emails and forwarding to the relevant person where necessary.
- Coordinating and maintaining accurate records of photo permissions from schools in advance of HYF and ensure it is shared with all event organisers.
- Good level of written English
- General administration experience
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Database management and Mailchimp
- Use of own computer and telephone
- Happy to muck in and help out with various tasks during the busy period leading up to the launch of HYF in January and during the HYF week in March
- Ability to work using initiative and common sense
- Available to attend evening meetings which take place on average once a month
The Clerk will have no executive role on the Steering Group or within the Trustees. The Clerk is not an employee but is a volunteer who will receive a modest stipend of £12 p/h for undertaking the work involved.
This role would be ongoing and it is estimated would take no more than an average of 25 days/year (half a day/week) although the work would be focussed mainly between September and the following March each year allowing for flexible working hours to suit. For the right candidate there may be the opportunity to take on further responsibilities to expand the role.