Oakley Wood Household Waste Recycling Centre is extending its opening hours from today (26 May). It wil now open at 8am and close at a later time of 5pm, 7 days a week.
Please note that that late-night opening on Thursdays and the acceptance of trailers and hire vans remains suspended for the time being.
The revised service comes as Oxfordshire County Council continues its recovery phase from the COVID-19 emergency.
The council and site teams would like to thank residents for their continued patience and understanding whilst using our sites, and also asks residents to remember the following important points:
- Residents must self-police and abide by social distancing of two metres from site teams and other residents at all times.
- Please follow any instructions given by site teams to ensure queues and sites are managed safely
- Vehicle numbers and parking bays are reduced on site, and once the maximum is reached the site will operate on a one-out one-in basis. PLEASE NOTE the potential for delays and queues.
- We will continue to charge for non-household waste brought to sites and this will be by contactless card payment only. If you are unable to pay by contactless means you will not be able to deposit non household waste at the site.
- Site teams will be there for guidance only and will not be able to assist residents in unloading their waste.
- Only one resident is permitted out of the vehicle, unless it is to remove a heavy load which would otherwise be unsafe to remove. Visits are best made by just one person per vehicle.
- In line with Public Health England guidance, residents who are vulnerable, or who are showing symptoms which may indicate coronavirus, should not visit household recycling centres.
Unsure what to recycle at our HWRCs? Residents can check if a HWRC can deal with their material by using our new online tool Waste Wizard: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/residents/environment-and-planning/waste-and-recycling/household-waste/repair-reuse-or-recycle