Picturehouse Cinemas who run the Regal in Henley have announced that they hope to open their cinemas in England from 10 July 2020. The opening date is subject to final clarifications and confirmation in regards to government restrictions.
They will confirm which locations are due to open on 10 July in the coming weeks.
The full film programme will be announced soon but Christopher Nolan’s highly anticipated new film Tenet is now confirmed to open on 31 July. And other forthcoming films include No Time To Die, Mulan, A Quiet Place Part II, Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984 and Wes Anderson’s The French Dispatch later in 2020.
The cinemas will reopen in line with government guidance on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In order to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our employees and audiences, we’ve made some important changes. Our new safety guidelines include the following:
- Social distancing will be in place throughout the cinema
- Hand sanitiser will be available in each cinema
- A limited number of seats will be available to ensure social distancing in screen
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the day
- Film screenings will have staggered start times to allow for safe entry and exit of the cinema
- All employees will receive specific COVID-19 training and PPE will be provided where the risk assessment has deemed it necessary
- We have added protective screens at our kiosk areas where social distancing cannot be maintained
- Contactless payments are encouraged
- Cafes, bars and restaurants will remain closed until further notice