With the new variant of Covid that spreads more easily and the imposed lockdown Henley Town Council (HTC) is putting in place some additional special measures to make the ‘food and essential use only’ markets as safe as possible.
Special measures for your safety include:
- All traders spaced out to promote social distancing.
- All traders wearing face coverings and have hand sanitiser on their stalls for their own use and for use by customers.
- HTC is running a campaign on social media and in the local press to encourage Henley residents and visitors to adhere to Government Covid Guidance.
- New poster signage to promoting how to stay safe.
- Social distancing is positively encouraged with signage on all stalls.
- Make the Market Place a mandatory area in which you should wear a mask.
- Put red/white tape around the back of the market stalls and at both ends leaving space for either one or two entrance/exit points to limit the number of people entering the area and monitor number attending at any one time.
- HTC to employ security to ensure all Covid measures are being adhered too and limited numbers are allowed onto the Market Place at any time.
The Farmers Market dates are: 28 Jan, 13 Feb, 25 Feb, 13 March, 25 March, 10 April, 22 April.
Charter Markets are every Thursday.
Craft Markets have been cancelled until further notice.
The Council are also looking into the possibility of a road closure to promote distancing and safety.