Approximately 20 hours per week (overtime possible)
Initially freelance, then potentially moving to a fixed term contract with possibility of conversion to permanent
£17.50 per hour initially, moving to circa £30k p/a (pro rata)
Summary of Role – Promote the centre, deal with incoming bookings, ensure the centre is ready for events and is secure.
This is a unique role and will require flexibility from the person who joins us. We are a centre which relies heavily on using the river for a lot of activities. This means that during the winter months there is likely to be less work due to river conditions.
The Eyot Centre is a registered charity which seeks to provide access to social and river based leisure activities primarily to the young people of Henley and surrounding areas.
We anticipate an average of 20 hours per week, but this could well mean 30 hours some weeks, 10 others, and possibly even less in the winter.
The person who joins us will need to be great at motivating themselves, as they are likely to be at the centre alone. There is a committee at the centre who will of course be supporting the role. The centre has massive potential to grow and support the local community, so we are looking for someone who will be determined to help drive us forward.
- Work in collaboration with the Eyot Management Committee to define strategy and discuss ideas and approaches on a regular basis
- Manage all aspects of the bookings of the centre (internal and external bookings)
- Proactively approach local businesses and schools to promote the centre and gain bookings
- Deal with administrative tasks around bookings including risk assessments and invoices
- Manage the caretaking of property to ensure the centre is of the required standard before customers arrive, using third party suppliers where appropriate
- Point of contact for external contractors and suppliers
Conform to GDPR, HSE and Fire Safety Regulations at all times
Skills and Qualities required:
- Watersport enthusiast – ideally with instructor qualifications
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Customer attraction and retention skills.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and youth development.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and why you’d like to join us by Sunday 8 August. Please do apply sooner if you are able, and feel free to email any questions you might have about the role and someone will get back to you.