The Bell Surgery invites you to a free informative talk from the specialist Urology Procedures department at the Royal Berkshire Hospital on Tuesday 12 February (6.00-8.00pm) in the Maurice Tate Room at Townlands Memorial Hospital.
The talk will be delivered by Dr Chris Blick, Consultant Urologist and Dr Paul Rogers, Consultant Oncologist.
- The RBH Urology Department has a dedicated ward and also has outreach clinics in Wallingford, Henley and Newbury.
- All consultants provide core services but the department was one of the first urology departments in the country to sub-specialise by consultant to optimise patient care.
- The department strives to maintain the highest clinical governance standards and patient-focused care, incorporating the latest advances in the field. It has the only regional static lithotripsy machine and has pioneered the techniques of both local anaesthetic female urethral bulking injection and male slings for incontinence.
- RBH is the only fully on-site ‘improving outcomes guidance in cancer’ compliant hospital for all urological cancers in Berkshire.
- The Urology department is the only regional centre for prostate brachytherapy and the supra-regional centre for penile cancer.
- The department been performing robotic surgery since 2008 and was awarded Centre of Excellence status by the European Association of Urology.
Reading Prostate Cancer Support Group will be attending with information available.
There will be a Q&A session after the talk
To confirm your space please contact the Bell Surgery on 01491 843250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org