Police have received a number of reports of purse thefts and pickpocketing in Henley especially during the Thursday market.
Their advice is ensure you keep your belongings safe and follow the advice below to help deter potential offenders:
• Keep your purse/ wallet out of sight, preferably in a bag securely done up each time you put your purse/wallet back in your bag. If at all possible, wear your bag towards your front where it can be seen rather than behind you where it cannot.
• Do not put your purse/wallet in a clothing pocket where it may be visible to thieves. Do not leave your handbag on your shopping trolley.
• Be aware of who is around you and keep your belongings close by. Do not leave belongings unattended.
• If possible, do not carry more cash than is necessary on your person/ in your purse/wallet.
• Do not write down your PIN number or leave it with your bank card.