Accountable to – Director of Women’s Rugby
To achieve the best performance possible for the women’s team/s, aiming to finish in the top 4 in the Championship South League. Be fully committed to individual player development and ensure short, medium and long term goals, sustainable growth of girls and women’s rugby at Henley RFC aligned to the 5- year plan (2018 – 2023)
3 hours per week for training. 5 hours per week on a match day (Longer for away matches)
6 hours per week for preparation of training and match days.
Approx. 10 for general team management and administration. This may be less depending on the time of season e.g. September to December. You will be supported by the team manager
- Working with the Director of Women’s Rugby to create and maintain short, medium and long term plans for the sustainable growth of girls and women’s rugby at Henley RFC
- Ensure that the girl’s section, players, coaches, team managers are adequately supported to create and maintain a pathway of ‘home grown’ players through to the senior section
- Build and develop game plan to suit the strengths and weaknesses of the team (with input from all coaches). Ensure game plan is continually reviewed and adapted based on the context and circumstances (abilities, injuries and availability) Engage team in game plan and ensure they implement in games
- Develop thorough training plans for season aligned to game plan. Plan and distribute detailed session plans to develop the team individually and collectively to achieve goals set out
- With the players, team manager, coaches create team standards/charter and goals
- Ensure coaches are suitably qualified with relevant DBS and First Aid certificates
- Maintain links with players leaving for university and develop strong relationships with partner clubs
- Recruit, retain and ensure constant development of the team including players and support coaches
- Collate and allocate coach availability for training sessions and matches. This will be in collaboration with the team manager
- Ensure that coaches receive the support they required to develop individually and the coaching team work effectively together
- Liaise with Team Manager regarding arrangement of fixtures, travel, player availability, player registration etc..
- Create with coaches and/or captain/vice captain a clear, honest and fair selection policy and ensure that is used
- Feedback to improve individual player performance and clear communication to help understanding of selection decisions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within the club to address any areas of concern and action plans in order to address these areas
- Creation and management of player led leadership group.
- Chair regular pre, during and post review meetings of coaches, captains/vices and player. Chair team selection meetings
- Complete a written report which evaluates the ladies/girls season covering all areas.
- Hold a minimum of RFU Level 3 or Level 2 Coaching Award.
- Have a current and up to date Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
- Hold a current and up to date First Aid Certificate.
- Have a valid and clean driving license.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com with the heading ‘Henley Hawks Women Head Coach vacancy’.
The full job description can be viewed by clicking on the attached document :