As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our passion for continually searching for ways to improve that experience is second to none, and we’re looking for people to join us who flourish with challenge.
We are looking for an experienced Investments Principal Engineer to join our Investments Technology team in London and Henley. Your role will be focused around supporting the needs of the business as well as being a key contributor to ongoing strategic projects.
You will play a meaningful role in supporting business growth and help drive the team forward. Working closely with the Engineering team in Hyderabad, you will be tasked with the creation, interpretation, and strategic direction of the Investments Technology development and capabilities.
- Support projects designed to enhance the groups capabilities
- Work closely with a group of agile development teams
- Work with the business partners to help them understand the art of the possible and form strategic vision and future roadmap
- Influence design
- Champion engineering initiatives and standard methodology
- Remain technically hands on
- Become an influential member of the Solutions Architecture guild
- Assist management by providing support and guidance to other team members
Experience and skills you will bring:
- Have experience and knowledge of the capabilities of AWS services, design patterns and APIs as well as first-hand experience of existing technologies covering .Net, C# and SQL.
- Experience in using at least one scripting language such as Python.
- Understand the concepts of the Agile methodologies and related methods (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, DevOps); be able to apply these as appropriate in different client contexts and solution phases.
- Enjoy building positive relationships with internal partners as a collaborative communicator and teammate and have experience in working with Technology teams to implement system solutions and improvements.
Our commitment to you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. As part of Invesco’s commitment to ensuring our teams have the broad range of experiences and backgrounds required to promote diversity of thought, and to maintaining a positive, engaging work environment, we champion flexible working.
Please feel free to discuss flexible working options with us.
The Good Stuff
Joining Invesco is just the start. We focus on nurturing internal talent, offering a variety of tools to support your career advancement, including ongoing learning and development and internal career opportunities.
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes (ensure county-specific benefits are included here):
· Competitive salary and bonus
· Company-provided healthcare
· Annual leave + bank holidays
· Generous pension provisions
· Income protection
· Health and wellness benefits
· Volunteering days
· Enhanced parental leave
· Life insurance
. 26 days annual leave