This is a permanent role reporting to the Museum Director.
It is based at the River & Rowing Museum, although there may be some remote working.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Responsibility for the Finance ledgers of the River & Rowing Museum Foundation and its trading company.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary to provide the Trustees, Director and department heads with an ongoing understanding of the financial position and ensuring the Charity is meeting its objectives
• Drive the annual budget process and additional forecasting processes as required by the Director/Trustees
• Preparation of annual financial accounts in compliance with Charities Commission and Companies House regulations and build an ongoing relationship with the Charities auditors.
• Regularly review of finance processes to ensure they are efficient and effective and support the charity’s operations. • Working with the Director and Department heads to provide financial information on current commercial activities or scenario modelling for future activities.
• Ensure communication with all staff about key financial processes and deadlines and ensure budget holders understand their budgets and financial responsibilities.
• Responsible for the following processes: payroll, pensions, VAT, Gift Aid, Corporation Tax
• Work with the Director to ensure all Charities Commission and Companies Act requirements are meet and appropriate up to date documentation is in order (for example: Reserves register, Risk Register, Register of Members etc) and make sure any changes to Trustees and Directors promptly updated on the relevant website
• Build excellent relationships with the Chairman and Treasurer of the Board, as well as third parties such as accountants, tax advisers, bankers etc
• Proactively support the Museum’s financial sustainability goals through identifying efficiencies and new sources of income.
Click here to download the Job pack Head of Finance 2021. Click here to download the RRM Equal opportunities monitoring form. We’ll be accepting applications up to midnight on Friday 23rd July. Interviews will take place on Thursday 29th July and will probably take place online.