£20,000 – £24,000 pa pending experience and subject to 6 months probation period
Job Purpose and Mission
As a kitchen assistant you are effectively the engine room of the kitchen. Working under the guidance of a baker or sous chef pastry, your job is to ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational. You may also be involved in preparing ingredients, the role will give you a clear insight into becoming a chef and therefore a love of food and a passion for bakery is essential.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
● Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
● Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
● Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
● Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare doughs and pastries.
● Disposing of rubbish
● Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
Hours of Work, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
● The role is shift work of 40 hours per week, with additional hours where necessary
● A passion for food
● Understanding the importance of health and hygiene
● Plenty of stamina
● A great team player
● The ability to listen and learn – fast
● An eye for detail
● A sense of humour
Please forward an email of interest specifying the role and confirming that you (the candidate) is eligible to work in the UK to Simon at the following email address: email@example.com.