Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
The EMEA Finance and Corporate Strategy (FCS) team reports into the global FCS function underneath the global Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The EMEA team is led by Alan Trotter, who is the EMEA CFO.
The tax team are responsible for performing corporate income tax, VAT and transfer pricing functions for various entities and tax computations to feed into high level reporting, and providing tax advisory as needed on FCS projects
Assist the European VAT Manager in the accurate preparation and timely submission of the Group’s indirect tax returns, including any annual adjustments and capital goods scheme adjustments to ensure compliance with Invesco’s partial exemption method and statutory requirements. Assistance with monitoring changes within the business and to VAT legislation and identifying any resulting impact on or changes to Invesco’s VAT position.
Maintain and provide data for VAT claims and assist in correspondence with HMRC and overseas tax authorities, and the relevant courts as required.
Assist with the maintenance and composition of the UK VAT Group alongside any restructuring, entity acquisitions or disposals.
Assist with the preparation of UK VAT return and associated VAT accounting and reconciliations, including ensuring that follow up actions and necessary changes are carried out. Assist with the maintenance of the irrecoverable VAT budget and associated accounting. Ensure that procedures are in line with requirements for SAO and that risks and controls are regularly monitored and updated as required.
Provide support and technical VAT guidance to the GBS team in Hyderabad for all VAT matters and work with colleagues to ensure consistent implementation of policies and procedures.
Support the Senior European VAT Manager in identifying and ensuring that legislative changes are reviewed and adopted as appropriate in a timely manner. Review and implement systems changes, as necessary.
Assist in liaising with HMRC and external consultants in respect of VAT and other indirect tax matters.
Ad hoc projects including:
• Liaising with external advisors to register corporate group entities for VAT across EMEA (where required)
• Identifying and calculating voluntary disclosures
• Group transformation initiatives
Assist with the oversight of Invesco’s third-party tax engine to ensure that it is maintained in a controlled and systematic manner and that VAT on Invesco’s AP/AR transactions is calculated accurately.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Would typically be a qualified accountant or VAT specialist with a minimum of three years’ experience.
- Experience with third party tax engines and use of technology to enhance VAT operations highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of UK VAT legislation and HMRC practice required along with basic knowledge of European VAT legislation.
- Good IT Skills Excel (Essential). Knowledge of Oracle/Cloud, Alteryx and PowerBI beneficial but not essential
Skills/Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Preferably Institute of Indirect Tax, CTA (VAT) or studying for these qualifications/prepared to do so.
- Other accounting qualifications such as ACCA considered given other relevant experience
- Analytical Numerate
- Self motivatedGood organisation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
For more details and to apply click here