Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 (pay award pending) + generous pension
Hours: Weekdays, 10am-4pm core hours Full-time / Part-time available
This is an exciting opportunity for a community-focussed individual with excellent customer service skills to join the staff of Henley’s Information Centre in the Town Hall, providing information to visitors and residents on tourist attractions, and local amenities and services. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of Henley and the surrounding area, good IT skills, and previous experience in a customer-facing role. The Council is committed to flexible-working arrangements, and welcomes applications from those wishing to do the role full-time or part-time.
Information Centre Officers work alongside the Information Centre Manager as a first point of contact for residents and visitors, providing an excellent level of information and signposting, as well as administering bookings for hires and other commercial activity, and associated cash handling procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Providing a first point of contact for general enquiries in person, by telephone, and by email. Directing enquiries to the correct member of staff or agency, as appropriate.
2. Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of answers and solutions to a broad range of issues affecting residents, businesses, and visitors to Henley.
3. Administering enquiries and bookings relating to the hire of Town Council-run premises, including carrying out show-rounds with potential hirers, raising invoices, and chasing outstanding payments and hire paperwork.
4. Administering bookings of other Town Council initiatives, including events, Christmas trees, hanging baskets, Upper Market Place parking licences, and moorings.
5. Administering the Information Centre cash handling procedures, including the EPOS system, cash and card transactions, issuing receipts, and banking cash.
6. Promoting Information Centre merchandise, Town Council services and amenities, and local attractions.
7. Updating the Town Council-owned websites and social media, as required.
8. Assisting in maintaining stocks of resident and visitor information and merchandise.
9. Assisting the Communications Manager, Town Centre Manager, and Information Centre Manager as required.
10. Other duties as may be required by the Council from time to time.
The position is based at the Town Hall in the centre of Henley, close to all local amenities and with free staff parking.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4 November 2022 at 1pm.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held the week beginning 14 November 2022
For more information, please contact the Communications Manager, Daisy Smith, on 07983 333757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org