Situation Vacant – Fundraising Manager
At Headway Thames Valley we work to improve life after brain injury. Our small, highly committed staff team works together with our dedicated volunteers to provide support, services and information to brain injury survivors, their families and carers as well as campaigning to reduce the incidence of brain injury across the Thames Valley.
After 7 brilliant years, Zoe, our amazing Fundraising Manager is leaving. We’re now hiring her replacement.
This is an existing post focused on generating income from Trusts & Foundations, community fundraising and events, individuals and companies.
As a small independent charity, we raise funds from a range of income streams. Approximately 50% to 60% of our annual funding comes from Local Authorities through specific client fees or self-funding clients. Grants and donations from Trusts, companies, individuals and community fundraising help to meet the remaining 40% to 50% of costs and fund of a number of our services including initial information and advice, groups and specialist therapies such as neuro rehabilitation, music, art, photography and bushcraft or clients who are not eligible for statutory or Local Authority funding.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. To work with the Manager and Finance Assistant to agree fundraising targets and key funding priorities for the financial year in line with the business plan for the charity.
2. To produce a fundraising plan in line with charity’s business plan that includes seeking income from a range of income streams including: Trusts & Foundations, individuals, companies, community fundraising and events.
3. To successfully deliver the fundraising plan and achieve agreed financial targets.
4. To cultivate and steward relationships with current and potential donors and grant making organisations and companies, providing timely updates and reports.
5. To develop and grow the individual giving programme, particularly through ‘Friends of Headway Thames Valley’, using events, activities and other tools to grow the individual donor base.
6. To maintain accurate records for all aspects of fundraising using the Salesforce database / accurately recording all aspects of fundraising activity.
7. To raise awareness of the charity throughout the Thames Valley area by representing the charity at external functions, meetings and events. To work with the Fundraising and Communications Officer to maximise social media for fundraising.
8. To recruit, organise and manage volunteers/ supporters to carry out fundraising events and activities in aid of Headway Thames Valley.
9. To organise and lead on some key fundraising events and activities such as Hike for Headway Thames Valley, Headway Thames Valley Quiz Night, Henley Living Advent Calendar and other events as a way of both raising funds and the profile of the charity.
10. To develop, coordinate and manage online donations using platforms such as JustGiving, The Big Give etc.
- Experience of securing donations from Trusts and Foundations, using research and targeting applications accordingly.
- Experience of developing community fundraising from, individuals, companies and local community groups.
- Experience of coordinating, managing and supporting community fundraising events.
- Track record in developing and delivering fundraising strategies and plans.
- Experience of developing and cultivating donor relationships.
- Exceptional presentation, relationship building and persuasion skills.
- Highly professional, optimistic, tenacious, determined and results driven.
- Broad understanding of charity governance.
- Knowledge of best practice requirements for fundraising in the UK.
Salary: £37,000.00 – £42,000.00 FTE
Job Location: A combination of office in Henley and remote working, must be willing to travel around Berkshire and South Oxfordshire for any events or face to face meetings.
Hours: 24.5 hours per week
As part of the application process we require you to send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org