Situation Vacant – Company Secretary
Invesco is driven by a pure focus on investment. It’s all we do. We focus on doing work that matters and being a firm that gives a voice to every employee. In fact, we make a promise to our clients and each other to create greater possibilities together. We’re looking for people who have fresh perspectives. Who can come together to share ideas, listen and challenge each other to achieve better solutions for our clients.
The UK Company Secretary team, as part of the wider EMEA Corporate Governance and Company Secretarial team, provides a comprehensive company secretarial and governance advisory service to the Invesco UK Ltd group. The team is a key part of developing and operating the governance framework which supports delivery of Invesco EMEA’s capabilities to its clients.
We are looking for our next Company Secretary based in our EMEA headquarter in Henley-on-Thames. In this role you’ll assist the UK Company Secretary team in the provision of company secretarial services to Invesco UK Ltd and its UK subsidiaries, including overseas branches. This will include support on a number of EMEA wide projects and implementation of regulatory change.
You’ll also be involved in:
- Acting as primary secretary for a regulated board (and its board committees, as appropriate). Providing a full board support service.
- Acting as secretary to a high level management committee. Oversight of management committees and ensure regular reporting to the relevant Boards
- Liaison with the Executive Directors of the Boards and Committee members, and where appropriate the Independent Non-Executive Directors
- Cultivating strong working relationships/patterns with the Chairs, Senior Executives, business functions and other partners/stakeholders
- Managing Annual Board, Committee and Director evaluations as well as Cross Functional Meetings
- Handling NED recruitment and Induction
- Management and review of the Governance Framework
- Oversight and maintenance of processes for key company secretarial activities
- Leading on implementation of an efficient Authorised Signatory and Power of Attorney retention and indexing system
- Supporting and deputising for Senior team members on other matters as and when required
You’ll need to have:
- Proven experience of company secretarial work in a listed company, financial services environment or similar
- Solid meeting / board support experience
- Ability to use entity management system as well as Microsoft office applications and adaptable to new technology solutions
- Keen curiosity about the financial services market and Invesco’s business
- ICSA (or equivalent) qualified or part qualified preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, high diligence and dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task, to plan, to prioritise and be flexible to changing priorities
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) across all levels of the business
- Developing effective working relations with internal clients as well as with non legally trained colleagues
- A standout colleague with a collaborative and customer service approach as well unquestionable integrity
For more details and to apply click here
Leave a CommentWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!