Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: Up to £24,831 per annum
Marketing and Business Development is a key area of the College, responsible for the active promotion of the College across many channels, including online. The Marketing and Digital Engagement Officer and School Liaison is required to assist to the Head of Marketing and Business Development with the day-to-day administrative functions of the Marketing and Schools Liaison section, including: marketing communications, social media monitoring and update, website update, compiling newsletters, assisting with internal marketing events and promoting the College at external events.
- Assist with the monitoring and update of the College’s social media channels, producing creative content
- Assist with the update and development of the College’s website
- Cover for Reception as required
- Write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print, as required
- Coordinate and attend internal College recruitment events
- Coordinate and attend external recruitment events
- Assist with the organisation of the College’s annual Education Awards
- Act as a liaison point between staff in partner/feeder schools and the Heads of Marketing.
- Arrange visits to feeder schools for Head of Marketing, where required
- To produce regular digital newsletters, as required.
- Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintain and update marketing databases
- To source, attend, report on and write up stories from around the College community
- To actively build relationships across the College community to encourage whole college involvement in marketing and recruitment.
- Oversee and supervise students using the Digital Suite in a study capacity
- Monitor and update Marketing materials around the College campus.
- Act as point of liaison between Marketing team and student body, including Ambassadors
- Assist with Alumni development, communications and events
- To support the Head of Marketing and Business Development with any research or data sourcing, as required.
- To assist with other Marketing, Communications and School Liaison activities, as required
- Comply with any rules and regulations which the College may from time to time issue, to ensure the efficient operation of its business and the welfare and interest of its employees and learners.
- Work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the College.
- To ensure adherence to all College policies and procedures including Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, Keeping Children Safe in Education and IT Policy and procedures.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during college processes, for example Developmental reviews.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- Experience working in a Marketing role
- A high level of ability in written English, including spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- A high ability in digital skills, with the desire and potential to make this a key area for growth
- Ability to prioritise workload and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for Marketing and Communications
- Creativity, ideas and innovation.
- Experience of social media updating
- UK Driving License.
Desirable Skills and Characteristics
- Experience of working in an educational setting
- Experience of website update
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience of content writing
- Experience of photography
- Educated to degree level