As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
What we are looking for:
We’re searching for our next Internal Audit Manager in our Henley-on-Thames team.
In this role you’ll be responsible for conducting internal audits and projects. This will require obtaining an understanding of the areas under review, performing the audit work and documenting the results.
In addition, you could be involved in:
- Coordinate analysis of risk in areas of assigned audit responsibility and prepare proposed internal audit plans based on the results of the risk analysis.
- Perform audit work and supervise the performance of work by any assigned staff or contractors, including reviewing work papers, documenting control weaknesses or inefficiencies and handling the completion of the audit within the given timeframe.
- Exercise individual judgement and initiative in selecting emphasis for coverage within an audit, and determining and locating sources of information.
- Prepare audit results and conduct entry/exit meetings to obtain management concurrence and responses.
- Work on audit reports and clear those reports with auditees prior to issuance.
- Perform follow-up on previously identified audit findings and management’s action plans.
What you can bring:
- Experience in internal audit, including acting in the capacity of a supervisor, with excellent knowledge of general controls and SOX Compliance; previous experience in audit-related, risk management and/or compliance roles would also be considered.
- Equivalent proven experience in the investment management industry may be substituted for direct audit experience.
- Knowledge of the asset management or securities industries, with expertise in investment products (equities, fixed income, alternatives), portfolio management, trading and investment operations and finance.
- Professional accounting or auditing designation (e.g., CA, CPA, CFA, CIA, ACCA, ACFE) or to have substantially completed the requirements for such a designation while actively pursuing the completion of such designation preferred.
- Pro-active problem solver with the ability to thoroughly identify and investigate issues and determine the appropriate course of action. Work through contentious issues with customers in a non-confrontational style.
- Ability to handle confidential information and communicate clearly with individuals at a wide range of levels on sensitive matters.
- Self-starter and motivated must be able to work without frequent direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, cross-functional and international environment.
- Adaptable and comfortable with changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates high professional ethics.
For more details and to apply click here