As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
What we are we looking for:
We are looking for our next (Senior) Legal Counsel working in our UK Commercial legal team based in our EMEA headquarter in Henley-on-Thames!
In this role you will act as a subject matter expert and advise Invesco on all legal aspects of privacy and data protection globally.
You will support and provide legal advice to Invesco’s Chief Privacy Officer, the Global Privacy Office and all business functions on privacy and data protection globally (North America, EMEA, APAC) including advising on GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, PECR, China’s PIPL, the proposed new ePrivacy Regulation, CCPA, CPRA and relevant national laws and regulations (where required, working together with outside counsel), data subject access requests, personal data breaches, data protection audits, investigations, disclosure of data to authorities.
You will act as a trusted advisor to the Chief Privacy Officer and other senior partners, and fully understand the privacy issues and challenges of Invesco’s relevant businesses, and assist the management to make informed, risk-based decisions that consider both commercial objectives and compliance requirements.
What you can bring:
- Strong work experience in regard to privacy and data protection matters. This experience should include roles in the legal function (privacy practice and/or in-house in an international environment) and key contribution to implementing data protection compliance programs (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
- Experience in the financial services area is helpful
- Knowledge of the data privacy and E-privacy regimes in Europe and the US
- Good understanding of new technologies and their relationship with privacy
- Proficient in English, German / Italian very helpful
- Law degree, qualified lawyer and admitted to practise law in the relevant jurisdiction
- Data Protection certifications (e.g. CIPP/E)
- The ability to quickly grasp and solve complex problems
- Know how to take care of and handle change and examine issues from different perspectives
- Optimistic, positive attitude; a “can-do” approach
- Interpersonal and political savvy, tact and diplomacy with all constituencies
- A teammate (collaborative and cooperative)
- Ability to work and establish positive relationships remotely
For full details and to apply click here